A 17 year old girl that writes the way she talks. - Qaisara Afiqah

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Siblings

Instead of studying, here I am typing on the chair which I can't remember the last time I sat here. No, I'm not gonna blog about politics and stuff but please bear in mind that just because I don't talk about it doesn't mean I don't care or I don't have an opinion about it. Anyway, my mum was hospitalized a few days back and just got discharged like three days ago. Well, that was the third time she was hospitalized for this month to be exact. After doing the ERCP which is a technique where the physicians can see the inside of the stomach, they assumed that she's all good now. I am forever grateful. Back then when my mum was hospitalized, there was this woman aged like 70 or something who cried every single time my siblings visited my mum. It was so heart-wrenching to know that she cried because none of his sons and daughters visited her. I mean, how could they?

Anyway, since my mum is not 100 percent in the pink of health yet, my sisters decided to cook. I, myself don't trust my sisters at first but then when I tasted their cooking, it was not that bad after all. First impressions are not always right they said. So, I have tasted three dishes cooked by my sisters which is fried chicken, prawn with bitter bean and tom yam. The funny thing is, one of my sisters kept going to the kitchen to see how much her tom yam left. I mean like every time I went to the kitchen then I saw her standing in front of her tom yam which was placed on the table. By looking at her face, I could tell that she was impressed. I could see it coming out of her head in a thought bubble, "I did it. Everyone loves my tom yam."

My sister/Me
"How does my fried chicken taste like?"
"I don't know rasa kunyit." (I was about to say "Crazy sedap. Like sedap gila" at first which is the truth but then I know her too well that she'll brag about it later, so I tipu sunat instead)
"Of course la you need to put kunyit into the fried chicken."
"But not too much"
Then my other sister interrupted our conversation.
"She's the one who ate the most. Siap tambah."

My sister's signature dish.

No comments: